Through panel discussion, traditional lecture, and Q&A, this CLE will foster more effective mediations, better understanding of business valuations and tax returns, and increased familiarity with the military and railroad retirement issues specific to the greater Jacksonville community. A panel of Duval County Family Division Judicial Assistants
will discuss best practices. Attendees will also learn about the new Collaborative Law Act and a panel of local mental health professionals will discuss current research as it relates to children involved in family law litigation.
Topics to be covered:
- Mediator Panel: Joy Lordahl, Ned Price & Jonathan Zahler
- Business Valuation: Melissa Lockhart, CPA/ABV
- Railroad Retirement: Andrew Beh, MBA
- Military Retirement: Cynthia Catalan
- Tax/Discovery: Josh Shilts, CPA
- Mental Health Professionals: Dr. Mercedes McGowan, Ms. Edna Shaeffer, Ms. Tracy Johnston, Dr. David Blackmon Dr. Justin D’Arienzo
- Collaborative Statute Overview: Connie Byrd
- Judicial Assistant Panel
7.5 CLER, 7.5 Marital & Family Law Certification Credits, 0.5 Business Litigation, and 0.5 Elder Law Certification Credits approved by The Florida Bar.